Monday, June 9, 2025

190

 Me:  So my doctor and I have been talking and she has a few suggestions.

My Body:  I know I was there.

Me:  Yes but I don’t think you were listening.

My Body:  I don’t really have a choice in the matter.

Me:  You’re being literal.

My Body:  Why are we actually having this conversation?

Me:  I think I’m going to implement some of the changes she was talking about.

My Body:  Do tell.

Me:  She suggests we go from about 190 to somewhere between 160 and 175.

My Body: 160

Me:  Excuse me.

My Body:  She said 160.  You countered with 175.  See you’re already giving me reasons not to trust you.

Me:  What I’m saying is that I’m going to give it a try.

My Body:  Good luck with that. 

Me:  Hey, maybe we could…

My Body:  Nope.

Me:  But…

My Body:  Nope.

Me:  20 years ago we did this.  Hell even 10 years ago.

My Body:  At neither of those points in time did the first number in your age begin with a 5.

Me:  I figured we’d give it a try.

My Body:  By we you mean me.

Me:  I mean us.

My Body:  No.  You mean me.  You are an entity that occupies this physical structure.  I am the physical structure that has to try to comply with what ever seemingly simpleminded shit you come up with to try.

Me:  Wow this is a strange conversation.

My Body:  How do you think it sounds to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment