Monday, January 17, 2022

Impromptu Interview

      There is a certain outfit I wear when going to buy a new phone/tablet/watch.  I go directly to the phone/tablet/watch store to check them out in person.  I can’t just order it online.  The option is there but with purchases like this, walking out of the store with the item in hand is the preferred experience.

     There is a satisfaction derived from riding home with phone/tablet/watch on the passenger’s seat.  I can feel them tempting me to open them.  I want to open them but I also want to wait to get to the comfort of my own home.

     The job at the tech sales company was good for a few things.  Sometimes if you did well enough vendors would give you shirts, sweaters, pens, and other general swag as a thank you for selling their items.  Most of those things were donated to the local charities as soon as the job ended.  No point in having useless items around to harbor bad memories.

     Some things were kept for their practical use.  There was a fleece that was as warm as a comforter.  There were multiple water bottles.  Each bottle had it’s special purpose.  There was a UV light bottle.  There was a stainless steel bottle.  There was a recycled plastics bottle.  There was a crazy coffee mug and state of the art thermos.

     There were pens galore.  I gave these to bartenders and waitresses on top of tips.  There were minimalist wallets, umbrellas, snow globes, mirrors, and backpacks.

     I just happened to have a t-shirt, zip up hoodie, pen, and water bottle combo from the phone/tablet/watch company.  The last time I walked into the phone/tablet/watch store wearing this little combination you’d have thought I was a naked supermodel.

     The color of the outfit was different from the people working the floor.  It was also different from management.  Whispering hinted that an exec from corporate was in the building checking up on customer service.  I was respectful.  I answered only the most basic questions.  I was treated like royalty.

     Unfortunately this time the outfit didn’t help.  The color I had set my sights on was out of stock.  Apparently Black was that years new Black and it was flying off the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment